Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happenstance Humour

Does happenstance come by each day,
when someone says, ‘oh by the way’?
Is happenstance a state of mind,
That happens to put you in a bind?

Does happenstance crop up too much
When someone says, ‘oh such and such’?
Then happenstance will have a slap
At some other unsuspecting chap.

Does happenstance control the flow,
So no poor sod can have a go?
But happenstance will loose control
When some smart alec is on a roll.

Does happenstance make your day go bad,
So everyone will say, ‘oh dear me, how sad’?
Then happenstance will have had its way
To collar us on this happenstance day.

So now you see what I‘ve been at,
Putting happenstance in to bat,
So we can all bowl true and straight
And smash happenstance right out the gate.

What fun to watch its slow demise,
So that we can now with ease surmise,
What the world it would be like
When happenstance must take a hike

And disappears o’er yonder hill,
Because it had to take a pill
And leave us here the better off
So that we don’t have to snout the trough

And find a way to cast a line
On words of rhyming now to dine,
Why make such a hullaballo
About happenstance’s bally hoo.

This verseing thing gives me such a pain
Trying to rhyme these silly lines again
So I’m off to try out something new
And leave happenstance to each of you.

I surrender to the trial of it
And bury happenstance in the pit,
Of rubbish verse or doggerel stuff
And I will disappear like a magic puff

Of clearing wind from out the blue
That’s scattered happenstance for all of you.
So good bye from it and me. I say
It’s been a happenstance sort of day.

No more we’ll hear this nasty word
I hope you have all been truly cured
From using it to make a verse
Cause trying it is such a curse

To finally put the thing away
And let the others have their say
On what it’s really all about,
Giving happenstance some real clout

This stanza is the last from me,
I done my best you can surely see
I’ve laid to rest the beast that true,
So now the afternoon is up to you.

No comments: